With impressive cost savings and workload flexibility, public cloud offerings have become an alluring approach for many enterprises. But, is it the best solution for your customers? Business and technical considerations, including compliance, security, cost, and application and data analytics performance issues have caused many organizations to reevaluate public cloud usage.
That is why we have seen the explosion in popularity of hybrid cloud solutions that include both public and private (on-prem) cloud. It is all about finding the proper balance for your customers. Hybrid cloud improves efficiency, accelerates delivery of apps and services, and enables the flexibility to combine preferred cloud workloads to refreshed on-premises infrastructure in the ratio best suited to your customer’s organization.
A truly Hybrid Experience – public and private
Since 2008, Microsoft Azure public cloud services have enabled businesses to move faster and achieve more. Last year, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Azure Stack to provide the benefits of Azure public cloud – agility and scalability – with the control, performance, and security of the on-premises data center. However, perhaps the greatest benefit of the introduction was that it made hybrid even more attractive by allowing enterprises to use the same Azure platform for both public and private cloud.
As an element of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Stack offers a consistent, flexible, and truly hybrid cloud environment. The MS Azure platform allows developers to leverage the same tools and processes to build apps and services, and then deploy these to either Azure public cloud or Azure Stack on-prem, selecting the optimal target platform that best meets workload requirements. Since Microsoft owns the hypervisor, the operating system, and other key elements of the solution, Azure Stack delivers a true Platform as a Service (PaaS) experience.
Maximizing the power of Azure Stack
HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack provides a fast and straightforward way to get the most from Microsoft Azure Stack. It delivers an integrated Microsoft Azure hybrid cloud that incorporates compute, storage, and networking, enabling Azure services to run on-premises, for your clients or yourself.
With HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack, you can:
- Run Azure consistent services in the data center to meet security, data sovereignty, compliance, performance, and cost requirements (MS value-add)
- Deliver on-premises services with enterprise-class reliability, scaling, and performance (MS value-add)
- Have a consistent development environment for applications deployed to either on-premises Azure Stack and Azure public cloud (MS value-add)
- Enjoy the most configurable solution available with choices for flexibility with solution sizing between 4-16 nodes, selecting processor, memory, and storage options (HPE value add)
- Rely on a portfolio of professional services for planning and implementing Azure hybrid cloud projects including security, workload migration, identity management, backup and site recovery, and networking (HPE value-add)
- Ensure on-going top performance availability with global, enterprise-class support, remote monitoring and management, and single point of support (HPE value-add)
Now available with HPE – ProLiant Gen10
- HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack is now available with HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 servers, bringing impressive configuration flexibility and unique new capabilities into the cloud world, including:
- Higher storage capacity, supporting up to 120TB raw capacity per node
- Higher cache capacity, supporting up to 19.2TB of cache per node
- Scalable solution sizing, configuration sizing anywhere between 4 and 16 nodes
- Higher workload performance, thanks to 66% boost in memory bandwidth and double the memory capacity, plus up to 28 cores and higher clock rates
- Higher networking bandwidth with up to 25GbE, resulting in a 150% increase in networking bandwidth over solutions based on 10GbE
- Reduced Costs thanks to HPE’s storage architecture that delivers an elegantly-balanced ratio of 2:1 capacity devices to SSD Flash devices, making it optimally designed to support Microsoft software-defined storage technology
- Increased Security checked and guaranteed on 3 levels: Protect, Detect, and Recover from attacks. Only HPE offers industry standard servers with major firmware anchored directly into the silicon (HPE Silicon Root of Trust) and managed by HPE iLO5
If you are a Tech Data HPE Channel Partner, you have access to MAX, our HPE Partner Enablement platform. Check out this brief for more information on why HPE ProLiant for MS Azure Stack beats the competition: HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack (Gen10) vs. Dell EMC Cloud for Azure Stack.
In addition, HPE GreenLake is a suite of consumption-based services, which deliver IT outcomes in a pay-per-use model in your customer’s own environment or in the cloud. If you are a Tech Data HPE Channel Partner, you may login to MAX to check out the HPE Greenlake Infographic and HPE GreenLake – IT as a Service August 22, 2018 webinar slide deck for more information.
For complete information, go to the HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack site.