If your company is like most growing organizations, you’re are always on the look-out for simpler, more cost-effective ways to run IT. You might have heard that more and more businesses are achieving those results by turning to as-a-service, pay-as-you-go approaches for IT infrastructure. But you might have assumed that it’s a move that works best for larger companies.
The reality is, these cloud-on-premises solutions can meet a large number of the challenges that midsized organizations face day in, day out. You don’t have a lot of cash for upfront investments? As-a-service approaches enable you to get your projects up and running without them. You want to be able to cover unexpected upswings in demand without forking out for new boxes? You can do that. You want to capitalize on digital transformation and get new services pushed out quickly to your customers – while reducing the ops burden on your IT folks by having experts run the solution? This is a great way to do it.
HPE GreenLake is our flagship pay-per-use platform that delivers cloud services to wherever your apps and data live – from edge to colocation to data center. It’s quick and easy to scale up or down as your needs change, and it’s managed for you by HPE. HPE GreenLake has been around for more than a decade now, and it’s true that in the early days many of our customers were at the enterprise end of the scale. But for years now we’ve been working hard to make the benefits more accessible to midsize businesses.
We’re very aware that smaller organizations have special requirements and different ways of doing things; for example, they often value the choice of working with a partner – something I’ll come back to in a moment. HPE GreenLake is a powerful solution, right-sized to make your growing business faster and more agile while saving you money.
As-a-service – everywhere
If you’re not familiar with our consumption-based IT model, let me explain a bit more about how HPE GreenLake works. Our cloud services cover a huge range of workloads, including compute, networking, storage, SAP HANA, virtual desktop infrastructure, VMs, and a lot more. We can deliver the infrastructure in as few as 14 days. Our HPE metering technologies ensure that you pay only for the resources you consume, and a built-in buffer capacity enables you to handle both steady growth and unexpected increases in demand. HPE GreenLake also takes care of the operational side for you.
You also get HPE GreenLake Central, our self-service platform that centralizes operations and insights across your entire estate – cloud as well as on-premises – giving you a unified view of usage, cost performance, compliance and more.
5 big advantages that are not only for the big guys
Consider what this cloud services model could mean for your growing business. You can:
- Do more while spending less upfront. HPE GreenLake gives you exceptional financial flexibility. You can sidestep big upfront expenditures, pay on a monthly bill, and easily expand capacity when you need it. And we’re making it even easier with our announcement today of three new modular HPE GreenLake cloud services that provide low-cost, smaller entry points. You can start small; choose the deployment size, compute instance, or storage volume instances that best fit your needs; and scale incrementally.
- Simplify IT purchasing decisions and move faster. Enterprise IT departments are often vast, they’re buying stuff all the time, and they have the expertise to do a deep dive into every investment. If that’s not you, however, you may not have that luxury. Every purchase counts, in a big way. With HPE GreenLake cloud services and advice from your partner, you can access the latest technologies quickly and with minimum risk. And when you’re ready to make your move, you can bypass the all-too-familiar purchasing and deployment delays. You can get new services pushed out to your customers or end users faster.
- Eliminate the management burden. Your teams will no longer have to strain to keep up with the latest knowledge for a vast range of new technologies. With the management services that are wrapped into every HPE GreenLake solution, you can free up talent to accelerate what’s next for customers. You can focus on expanding your business, getting ahead of others in your space, and even competing with the big guys.
- Unlock the power of colocation. Many organizations prefer not to host a data center on their own premises – they prefer to get out of the business of managing infrastructure. Instead, they opt for a colocation facility so that their teams can focus more on business initiatives.HPE GreenLake can bring all of the agility and flexibility of cloud to this type of IT footprint. Today, HPE announced that we are deepening our partnerships with CyrusOne and Equinix, two major players in the colocation sector. Joint customers can now run HPE GreenLake on CyrusOne or Equinix through one agreement and one invoice. This enables you to greatly simplify and accelerate your procurement process.Read more about Taking HPE GreenLake Outside Your Data Center.
- Tap into the expertise of HPE partners. We understand that success is about much more than just the technology and that smaller organizations sometimes lack the in-house expertise to deploy the kind of innovative, game-changing technology that could really strengthen their position in the marketplace. You can access the expertise you need to ensure the success of your cloud services project through HPE Pointnext Services, or through our extensive network of HPE partners. It’s all about giving you choice. We understand that many growing businesses have come to rely on the experience and invaluable services they get from partners, as well as their advice on HPE solutions.
We’re constantly expanding our partner ecosystem to give you even more choice. Check out today’s press release to learn about distributors who now offer HPE GreenLake directly in their cloud marketplaces.
More ways to help you succeed
We’re proud of our HPE Partner Ready Program, and we know it’s a powerful way to help more businesses achieve success with HPE GreenLake. We can now point to more than 100,000 partners who can deliver the cloud-on-premises experience directly to your business, with simple quoting, ordering, and invoicing and at pre-configured and pre-priced offers.
You may not be the biggest player in your sector, but with HPE GreenLake – the cloud that comes to you – you can become one of the more nimble and stake out some new competitive ground. And you don’t have to go it alone – HPE, and our partners, are always here to help.
Learn more about HPE GreenLake cloud services.